I run 2 main portfolios that have different investment time frames and return targets, using various strategies to adjust to movements in markets.
- A Cash + portfolio – The portfolio is designed to provide returns above cash and provide protection when markets fall. This is put together by blended various different strategies that will operate differently at different times with a diversified spread of risk and investments that provide valuable protection in market falls and take part in some of the upside. The portfolio is designed to provide an average of 3-4% per annum over an investment time frame of between 5 and 7 years. It should be stated the target per annum is the expectation over the whole time frame as markets move there will be years where the annual returns fall outside the 3-4% return.
- A Moderate Portfolio – The portfolio is designed to provide a return in the range of 6-8% per annum over a 7-10 years with a maximum equity exposure of 70%. It should be stated the target per annum is the expectation over the whole time frame as markets move there will be years where the annual returns fall outside the 6-8% return.
Whilst the portfolios are built for an investment time frame between 5 to 10 years, I run quarterly reports to keep abreast of the underlying holdings with the portfolio. These will include an overview of the portfolio position in terms of the asset allocation .e.g. how much equities, how much cash, how much fixed income etc. It will also include a breakdown of the size of the companies. Invested in at portfolio level as well as a break down of the style of these stocks. All of these areas will be covered in the blog through time to enhance the understanding.
In addition, I believe it is fundamentally important to look at the risk being taken both at overall portfolio level and at individual fund level relative to the appropriate benchmarks. I run quarterly risk screen to establish what risk is being taken within the fund and how this is correlated to the whole portfolio to ensure the fund is doing what I would expect it to be doing.
I will also provide a quarterly report on markets and comments on various market events.
Below are sample of the quarterly reports and quarterly market brief:
Pragmatic Investing Moderate & Cautious Portfolio
I have a flat rate monetary charge of £6 per month with the option to link to retail price inflation (RPI) per annum.
For the service the following will be provided
- The underlying funds within the portfolios currently.
- Quarterly Portfolio Performance and Positioning
- Training subjects in more detail.
- Email support.
- Ad hoc comments on markets.
If you would like to subscribe to the service please click on the button below or would like to know more email me at email@example.com.